Cement/concrete is the hardest material to remove pet urine or any odor since it is so porous. The good news is there is a remedy.
You have two options.
Option 1, follow the instruction steps which requires equipment and several water application steps. Odor bloom is common with porous surfaces. Odor bloom is a chemical process where dried urine crystals are rehydrated and bring up a pungent smell. It tells you the removal process is only half done. Odor bloom occurs most with deep, old, set-in urine spots and is likely to occur with cement. Odor bloom is unlikely to occur with new, surface urine spots. If you have deep, old, set-in urine spots you should choose a kit for the best results.
- Liquid Products: 5' x 5' Area = 1 Gallon 10' x 10' Area = 2 Gallons
Kits: 2' x 2', 5' x 5', and 10' x 10' - choose a kit by size of area.
INGREDIENTS: Puriﬁed Water, Noble Ion® Odor Technology, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Pectin Extract.
Live Odor Free!® 5x5 Pet Urine Area Kit
Live Odor Free!® 5x5 Pet Urine Area Kit
Noble Ion Live Odor Free!® eliminates stubborn odors caused by pet urine and other organic odors. Works without enzymes or fragrances. It eliminates odor with billions of positive (+) ions that eliminate the negative (-) ions contained in foul-smelling odors. A plus (+) and a minus (-) = zero odor.
Patented Noble Ion® Odor Technology - You won't find it anywhere else!
- Used for Areas. Great for carpet, area rugs, small areas in patio, garage, basement.
- Tough Odor. Old urine soiled areas never cleaned.
- Deeply penetrated urine soiled areas. (carpet padding, sub-flooring, porous cement, or tile grout.
- Old and/or deeply penetrated urine soiled areas previously treated with other products that failed to solve the problem.
Type: Dog or Cat
Odor Problem: Tough
Odor Type: Deep, Old Urine Spots.
Coverage: Up to a 5' x 5' area or 25 square feet.
Surfaces: Carpet and Cement.
Other Surfaces: Will also work on tile and grout.
- 1 – 64 oz Bottle of Odor Eliminator Liquid with Cowboy Sprayer– Step 1
- 2 – 16 oz Shaker of Odor Block Granules – Step 2
- 2 – 16 oz Shaker of Instant Knock Out Powder – Step 3
Tools Required: Home vacuum cleaner or broom.
Ingredients: Puriﬁed Water, Noble Ion® Odor Technology, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Pectin Extract.
INSTRUCTIONS: 3-Step Process
STEP 1: Spray or pour contents of Odor Eliminator Liquid bottle on the affected area. The liquid must soak down and make contact with the urine.
- For carpet, let air dry for 2-4 hours.
- For cement or tile/grout, let air dry for 8 hours.
NOTE: After Step 1, the dried urine crystals trapped in the carpet or cement may give off an intense smell called "odor bloom," which will disappear once you have completed Steps 2 and 3.
STEP 2: Sprinkle or pour Odor Block Granules on the affected area. Cover all of the affected areas.
- For carpet, let the granules set for 2 hours and then vacuum.
- For cement or tile/grout, let the granules set for at least 4 hours, then vacuum, sweep, or scrape.
NOTE: After Step 2, you will see yellow patches emerge where there are severe urine spots. Pay special attention to these patches in Step 3.
Black Lights: If you are using a black light, be aware that black lights illuminate the urine crystals embedded in the surface but do not differentiate whether there is an odor. It is common to have remaining urine crystals and no odor. Where yellow patches emerge, using Live Odor Free!® Odor Block Granules will show you exactly where you have embedded crystals and urine odor.
STEP 3: Sprinkle or pour Instant Knock Out Powder on the affected area. Cover all of the affected areas. But pay special attention to the yellow patches that emerged in Step 2. These patches may need extra Instant Knock Out Powder.
- For carpet work, the powder into the carpet with a broom. Vacuum the powder after 1 hour.
- For cement or tile/grout, let the powder sit for at least 4 hours, then vacuum, sweep, or scrape.
QUESTIONS? Click below to ask our odor technicians.