The most frequently asked questions about Live Odor Free!™ and Live Pee Free!® products are associated with neutralizing cleaning products, home remedies, vinegar, enzymes or bleach that was used to treat the odor before applying Live Odor Free!™ and Live Pee Free!® products. Read the answers below to find out how to prevent this issue or fix it.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® purchase, let us know! We want to hear your feedback positive or negative. If the product did not work for you give us a call or email us and our technicians will work with you to understand why it did not work and how we can fix it.
The most important step in the process is to eliminate the neutralizing cleaning products, home remedies, vinegar, enzymes or bleach. Please re-read the instructions and double check if you missed a step.
Don't worry - If you don't eliminate the other cleaning products or home remedies - then just use a 2x product and it will do the trick.
If you still need some assistance, give our technicians a call.
How to Select the Right Odor Product
The general rule of thumb for Live Pee Free!® products is
1-2 pets: Dog Urine or Cat Litter Eliminators
3 or more pets: Dog Urine 2x or the Cat Urine 2x Eliminators
Old Set-In Odors: Any 2x product, Dog Urine 2x or the Cat Urine 2x Eliminators
- Treated Odors: If you used vinegar, enzymes, bleach, baking soda or cleaners on the odor spot - use Dog Urine 2x or the Cat Urine 2x Eliminators. These spots will require more product to offset the old cleaning treatments. To use less product you can treat the spot with warm water first to dilute or remove the old cleaning products.
Q: Do you have a dog or a cat?
A: If you have one cat, we recommend the Cat Litter 16 oz product to spray in and around the litter box and spots outside the box. If you have multiple cats, then we recommend the 2x Cat Urine 16 oz product to spray in and around the litter box and spots outside the box. A cat normally urinates about 4-6 ounces per day but it is more pungent than dog urine so our cat products are formulated to handle the more pungent smell of cat urine.
If you have one dog, it will depend on the size of the dog. If you have multiple dogs then it will depend on the size and the quantity. In the case of multiple dogs, small, medium or large, we recommend the 2x products.
Q: What is the size of your pet? Big, medium, or small?
A: Small pets tend to dribble and sprinkle urine over large areas and frequently. In this case, we recommend spot odor eliminating when you catch the event and a 2x strength one gallon home carpet machine product to get the all-over spots.
Medium pets tend to pick a favorite spot. We recommend spot odor eliminating when you catch the event and a 2x strength one-gallon product to get the set-in odor.
Large pets tend to urinate on the walls and baseboards (boys!!) and pick a favorite spot. We recommend spot odor eliminating when you catch the event in a 2x strength for the size of the spot. Big pets will urinate more quantity so we recommend one-gallon spot odor eliminating product when you catch the event and a 2x strength one-gallon product to get the set-in odor. Walls and baseboards is a specially formulated product that can be applied to sheetrock. Make sure you get behind the baseboards as the urine tends to run down the wall and behind the baseboards. Yes, this happens.
Q: How fresh or old is the spot?
A: If the odor spot is fresh and has recently occurred, then the best Live Odor Free!™ products is the 16-oz Dog Urine product. If the spot is older, set-in and has urine salt crystal deposits, then you will need to use a 2x strength in the one-gallon size.
Q: How many pets do you have?
A: If you have multiple pets you should consider a 16 oz product to catch the fresh spots and a 2x strength in the one-gallon size carpet cleaning product.
How Much Does a Pet Urinate Per Day?
A cat normally urinates about 4-6 ounces per day. A dog normally urinates less than 0.67 ounces per pound.
- A 10-pound dog would urinate about 6 ounces per day.
- A 50-pound dog would urinate about 32 ounces per day.
- A 100-pound dog would urinate about 64 ounces per day.
How to Remove Odors
1. Remove Odors then...
2. Remove Stains
Odor removal is a different technology than stain removal - please do not mix the two!
STEP 1 - Eliminate "cleaning" products using water, and a cloth to remove any old cleaning products if any were used. Apply water and blot up the excess. This may need to be done more than once depending on how much of the other products you are trying to remove. You can skip this step if you selected a 2X product.
STEP 2 - Spray Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® on affected areas. Required.
STEP 3 - Reapply if necessary for strong odors until it is gone. You will be able to smell when it is gone. There is no fragrance so you will know it is gone.
STEP 4 - Remove stains, if necessary, using your favorite cleaning product.
Using Other Cleaning Products or Home Remedies
Q: What if I used a cleaning product on the odor before I applied the Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® products?
A: No worries. If you applied vinegar, bleach, enzymes or other cleaning products to the odor before you used a Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® odor elimination product simply douse the affected area with water and wipe the excess.
The objective here is to start from a neutral pH. Cleaning products and stain removers require a high pH whereas odor requires a low pH. This is why a stain and odor product is not effective - they cancel each other out!
If you are unable to use water to rinse the affected area before applying a Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® odor elimination product then you will simply have to apply more Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® product than expected to neutralize the effects of the previous cleaning products, or use a any Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® Extra Strength 2x products.
We would love to have you use more product but we would rather have you use the most efficient amount to get the best odor removal result!
Still, have questions? Contact our staff and they will be happy to walk through your odor issue.
The Odor is Better But it Still Smells
Q: There is still some odor I can detect, why?
A: There are a few reasons.
- Old Cleaning Products: The most common reason is some other cleaning product, vinegar, enzymes or bleach was applied at some time before applying the Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® products. You can rinse the area with warm water and wipe or pat the excess which will give it a neutral pH - then reapply the Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® product or you can simply apply more Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® products. You can skip all the pre-work by using a any 2x product.
- Make Contact: The second reason is in order to cancel out the negatives in the odor you must make contact will the positives in Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® products. Here, you may have missed a spot. We have no added fragrances so you can find where the remaining odor is and eliminate it. Reapply until you can no longer smell the odor. You will know when it is gone.
- "Odor Bloom:" The third reason is an old urine spot that has crystallized will "bloom" with odor, meaning reach a peak of strong odor, before it eliminates the odor. Think of it as a chemical reaction to "explode" the odor. It is recommended to use a 2x product on any set in odor. Reapply more Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® until the odor is gone.
- A note on "odor bloom". When there is a set-in odor that has crystallized urine salts, you will need to first apply warm water and blot up the excess with a cloth. Even with water you may still experience an "odor bloom." Second, apply Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® to the affected area. You can expect that a set-in odor that blooms will require a 2x strength Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® product to blast through the salt crystals and you should expect to use a larger quantity of product. We recommend a 2x concentration in a gallon size.
The Pet Urine Spot is Old, Concentrated and My Pet's Favorite.
Q: I have been trying to get rid of an old pet urine spot for a long time and I have tried everything on the spot, but it always comes back. Worse, my dog always goes on it again after I tried to remove the odor!
A: First treat an old spot with warm water and remove the excess with a cloth. This process removes or loosens the old urine salt crystals. Then apply the any 2x Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® products. You still might experience an "odor bloom" meaning reach a peak of strong odor, before it eliminates the odor, which is temporary. Reapply more Live Odor Free!™ or Live Pee Free!® until the odor is gone. Your dog will likely not return to the old spot - yea! But we are sure, your pet will find a new one :( !
Q: Do you offer free shipping?
A: Yes. All orders $50 and over receive free shipping.